Barco Sons, Inc.

Growers of premium quality plants since 1965.

The original location of the Barco Greenhouse was in Rocky River, Ohio, started by John and Lois Barco in 1938.

The brothers Arthur, Willard and David Barco, incorporated as Barco Sons, Inc., on January 1, 1965. The first greenhouses totaling 60,000 sq. ft. and a combination boiler and workroom were built at this location.

One half of the greenhouses were planted with carnations and the other half with chrysanthemums. At that time, there was a need for cut flowers to supply our Cleveland and Akron wholesale markets. With the rising cost and shortages of natural gas and fuel oil in the early 70's and the increase of imported cut flowers, we knew that some changes had to be made.

In 1986, we grew our last crop of cut flowers. Over the years we have built additional greenhouses, now totaling over 260,000 sq. ft. of growing space.

Our major focus is on growing Pot Mums, Poinsettias, Easter Lilies, Reiger Begonias, Cyclamen, Kalanchoe, Garden Mums, annuals, bedding plants with several other minor crops for wholesale supply to Northeast Ohio.

All plants and flowers are sold through flower shops, garden centers and plantscapers throughout Northeast Ohio. Quality grown plants, service and distribution in a highly competitive market is the key to Barco Sons' success.

Barco Sons: Since 1965

The brothers Arthur, Willard and David Barco incorporated as Barco Sons, Inc. on January 1, 1965, and we have been bringing Northeast Ohio premium quality plants ever since!


 (330) 725-5400
 6650 Branch Road, Medina, Ohio 44256